Let us keep you bike in peak performance with our Tune up and Repair services.
Sometimes you just need a simple fix on your bike. Maybe your bike fell down and snaped a cable, or your brake pads are wearing out. We can individually fix items on your bike for a reasonable cost. See our tune up service details below as any of the items for tune ups can be done individually for your bike.
Keep you bike in top performance shape with scheduled tune ups. Regular tune ups ensure that your shifting and braking work properly and will prevent damage to your drive train. Tune ups also allow us to check your bike for safety issues, such as worn brake pads, loose bolts or worn chains. Please note that in some situations you may need new parts for your bike. Additional parts will be quoted and only installed and charged with your permission.
We offer 2 Different tune up services depending on the condition of your bike.
The Retro Tune is the basic maintenance package for you bike. Typically you should have this done once a year depending on your riding habits. The Retro Tune contains the following services.
- Safety Check - We check your bike for common issues such as worn/cracked brake pads, frayed or broken cables, loose bolts and connections and also check your chain for stretch.
- Air Pressure - Your tires are filled to the proper PSI for safe riding.
- Index adjustment - Your front and rear derailleurs will be adjusted to ensure smooth shifting.
- Brake adjustment - Proper brake alignment keep you safe on the road.
- Wheel True - Trueing, or straightening, of your wheels help prevent tire wear and, in the case of rim brakes, helps prevent unwanted brake rubbing.
- Clean and Lube drive train. - Your rear cassette (gears), front crank, and chain are degreased and cleaned. A fresh dry lube is applied to your chain to keep your components protected.
- Wheel Caps / Flair - Choose some colorful wheel caps to your bike!
If your ride your bike constantly, eventually you will need to perform an overhaul to replace cables and the greased bearings in your bike. In addition to the services offered in the Retro Tune, the overhaul includes.
- Replace Brake and Shifter Cables and Housing - Over time your brake and shifting cables will wear out. We replace the cables, and offer you the option of picking new colors for your cable housing!
- Bottom Bracket - Depending on your bottom bracket, we will remove your cranks and rebuild and regrease it.
- Head set rebuild - Ensure smooth steering by having your head set rebuilt. We clean and regrease the bearings.
- Hub Rebuild - Your wheel hubs take a lot of abuse and generate heat. This heat eventually causes the grease to break down and hinder rolling performance. We clean the bearing and repack the hubs with grease for a smooth ride!