Retro Glow Cycles is a proud supporter of Ride Illinois. Not only are they excellent advocates for making Illinois an amazing place to ride, they also sponsor the Grand Illinois Bike Tour. Check out the ride guide for amazing rides you can take in the area. Please visit rideillinois.org for more information!
Ride Illinois works with local, state, and federal officials on behalf of bicyclists to:
- Advocate for bike-friendly road designs and policies
- Promote trail development and funding at the local, state, and federal levels
- Educate officials on how their towns can be bicycle friendly
- Develop bicycle safety education programs for cyclists and motorists
- Serve on transportation policy-making committees
- Propose legislation and other programs protecting cyclists’ rights on the roads
Ride Illinois works with individual bicyclists to guide their local efforts to:
- Help them make an impact in their community by distilling issues down to simple action alerts
- Offer opportunities for individuals to get involved locally, and provide them with technical, strategic, and organizing resources
- Distribute information and answer questions on bike safety, bike laws, rides and clubs, and much more
Ride Illinois cooperates with other local, state, and national organizations to:
- Promote favorable policies and funding levels for bike facilities
- Collaborate with many local bike clubs, community organizations and advocates to support their work through our statewide network.